A hire pool is a source of candidates when companies open job vacancies. Therefore, it is important to manage it properly to create availability of manpower and shorten the time when recruiting. This strategy includes maintaining relationships with groups of potential employees to be recruited for future employment. You can hire staffing agencies to improve these relationships.
Here are the steps to take to increase your hire pool:
– Invest time in developing relationships with recruitment agencies, universities, recruiters, and executive search agencies.
– Coordinate current staff members to actively participate in industry professional associations and conferences where they are most likely to meet candidates you may be able to persuade.
– Keep an eye on online job portals for potential candidates who may upload CVs even if they are not looking for a new job.
– Use professional association websites and magazines to advertise professional staff.
– Search for potential employees on LinkedIn and other social media outlets.
– Encourage your employees to refer professional friends and colleagues they may know online, to your company.
Usually, hire pool development is effective when there is a tendency to recruit candidates from the same source, and there is a strategic objective to recruit candidates with similar characteristics (eg demographics, education level, gender, and so on).
The next recruitment strategy to get the best employees is, only hire after everything is certain. That is, you have to determine what position is needed, how the job description is, to ensure the clarity of the career path that will be obtained from that position. Make sure you communicate this clearly because this offer has its charm for those who want a new experience with a better and clearer career path.
After that, you can also start hiring the employee if the status is certain. In other words, you have to determine whether the candidate is still an employee at another company or is not working. Do not let you hire someone whose situation and conditions are uncertain.